[tex-live] jigdo

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Feb 4 23:42:12 CET 2007

    The really interesting thing about jigdo is not load balancing, but
    reusing existing files.

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the explanation.  In this case, it seems dubious
to me that much advantage will be gained for TeX Live for normal users.
We update the ISO image once a year or so, and lots of the files change.

    I don't have the slightest clue, what "utp" might be :-),

I was copying from the mail the bittorent volunteer sent me; now that I
look at it again, I expect it's a typo for udp.

    "http", on the other hand, doesn't link to a web server serving the
    image

Drat.  All I did was post what the fellow (Steve Humber) sent me; it
probably worked back then, but apparently no more.  I don't have the
means to check it out myself, I know very little about bittorrent.  I'll
write him and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Karl