[tex-live] catalogue files seams to be not synchronized with packages

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Thu Feb 1 10:50:58 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2007 17:51 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:
> i may be misunderstanding something, but i see nothing on the tree
> seeming later than that.

Master/texmf-doc/doc/english/catalogue/entries/koma-script.html is about
versiobn 2.9t not about version 2.95b (correct that's the version at CTAN but
not the current release) that's at Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script.
So the versions at the catalogue files are not the same like the versions at
texmf-dist and not the version of the release at ctan and not the current
available release but something out dated. KOMA-Script is only an example.
Others at the catalogue at TeX-Live are out dated too, e.g.

pdftex at texmf/... of TeX-Live: 1.40 (or maybe newer soon)
pdftex at texmf-doc/.../catalogue/... of TeX-Live: 1.20b
pdftex at texcatalogue.sarovar.org: 1.40.2

I think, no catalogue at TeX-Live would be even better than such an old copy.
Best would be a catalogue that shows the versions, that are used for
TeX-Live. Compromise would be to use a new copy.

BTW: I found the problem, when I've tried to use the catalogue information for
the missing tpm-information writing a TL-->rpm generator (that should become
a TL-->epm generator some day).

Gruß
Markus