[tex-live] builing new images with new tlpmgui?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 1 00:21:30 CET 2007

    jk> I suppose the "correct" thing to do would be to define ifxetex as a
    jk> dependency of fontspec, xltxtra, and any other packages that require

In theory, but we make no attempt to do package-package dependencies
(that would be maddening), only collection-collectoin.

    dak> Uh, does this even make sense?  The ifxetex package will be used when
    dak> it is _not_ clear whether or not something is compiled using xetex.

Which is why I put it in collection-genericrecommended.

    jk> But col-genericrecommended was apparently not being
    jk> included in most schemes, including the default "medium".

So we should include col-gen.rec. in medium.

But it makes no difference in practice, as Jonathan said, since only
XeTeX packages use it.  So I won't undo what has been done.  We can
change it later, or not.

As for ifpdf, it's part of oberdiek, so we'd need to ask Heiko to split
it out into its own package.  Since no problems have ever been reported,
I'm not inclined to take up his time with that.

Anyway, I will rebuild the images in a little while.

karl