[tex-live] metapost on Mac OS X 10.5

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Dec 31 10:25:27 CET 2007

Hi,

This may be a little offtopic for tex-live, but perhaps not.

I received word from Hans van der Meer that on OS X 10.5.1,
the metapost distribution no longer compiles. I've attached
his terminal output, the problem seems to be the detection
of the standard C header files in kpathsea:

    checking for ANSI C header files... no

which results in having the wrong return value for the
allocation functions (it probably defaults to char * now)

I am not sure if this affects tex-live compilation: in the metapost
distribution there is a kpathsea source from texlive copied in
January, with cross-compilation patches applied.

Before I start investigating in depth, I wanted to check whether
I did not miss something obvious. Any comments appreciated.

Best wishes,
Taco