[tex-live] Request - texLive distributions in formats other than iso

Poor Yorick org.tug.tex-live at pooryorick.com
Sun Dec 30 05:33:19 CET 2007

>  I dont know which OS you are running, but usually virtual node devices
>  will allow you to mount ISO's.
>
>  On OpenBSD use vnconfig. On Solaris use lofiadm.
>
>  I seem to remember linux having some -o option to mount for loopback
>  devices, but I have not used linux properly in years, so it may have
>  changed.

This is all true, but I simply don't have permission to use 'mount' on the compute grid where I would like to install texLive.  A release of texLive in a format other than iso will be welcomed.

By the way, the author of cdrtools pointed out that texlive2007-live-20070212.iso was made with an old version of cdrtools which creates defective directories under rr_moved when performing deep directory relocations (there are three such relocations in the texLive image).

--
Yorick