[tex-live] [NTG-context] ConTeXt on FreBSD (was: missing *8t.tfm files)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Aug 31 02:17:53 CEST 2007

    Yes I was testing pscyrillic fonts, and had trouble and have traced it
    back to this.

I'm not sure what that means.

I am as sure as I can be that updmap-sys does not, in general, create
"dvi maps instead of pdftex maps when TEXMFSYSVAR is not merged with
TEXMFMAIN".  That is the default configuration.

If you think there is a problem with the upstream TL, can you please
tell me how to reproduce it from scratch using the original sources and
installer, not something related to your port's installation?

    This is the licensing information that the pscyr port has in our
    packages system:

Yeah, in other words, nonfree.

Best,
Karl