[tex-live] [NTG-context] ConTeXt on FreBSD (was: missing *8t.tfm files)

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:22:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 29/08/2007, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>     regarding updmap-sys creating dvi maps instead of pdftex maps when
>     TEXMFSYSVAR is not merged with TEXMFMAIN. If anyone on either lists
>
> Edd, from your last message, I gathered it was related to your
> installer, not to TL itself.

Yes I was testing pscyrillic fonts, and had trouble and have traced it
back to this.

> (Plus, the whole thing seemed to be about nonfree fonts that are part of
> bakoma -- I never saw the exact license, but are you sure you can use
> them?)

This is the licensing information that the pscyr port has in our
packages system:
# Free redistribution is permitted without fonts files modifications
PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=   "may not sell"
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=     Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM= "may not sell"
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=   Yes

If a variable is not equal to Yes then it is not permitted. In this
case you may only install the package from ftp mirrors.

--
Best Regards

Edd