[tex-live] texlive license

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Aug 22 00:26:48 CEST 2007

Karl Berry writes:

 > Reinhard, literat would be another good candidate for the
 > getnonfreefonts script.

It's nice that the literat package is TDS compliant, which makes it
easy to integrate it into getnonfreefonts.

However, all files supported by getnonfreefonts are .zip files.
But tex-archive/fonts/cyrillic/literat/literat-0.2.tar.gz is a .tar.gz
file.

getnonfreefonts depends on the program "unzip" which is supposed to be
available on every platform.

I translated the shell script we had in TL2005 to Perl in order to
make it available to Windows users, too.

Since we can't assume that the programs "tar" and "bzip" are available
on Windows,  I will not add literat to getnonfreefonts unless the
.tar.gz file is replaced by a .zip file on CTAN.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25