[tex-live] Texlive native OpenBSD port

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:30:26 CEST 2007

Hi Karl,

On 4/20/07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Sorry for this late reply.  It sounds like both the problem got solved
> by now?  If not, please reiterate ...

The problem infact lies in the fact that most of texlive uses old
Makefile.in methods rather than Makefile.am -> Makefile.in. This means
that DESTDIR is not respected, and therefore it cannot handle the
openbsd "fake install" environment.

I have a big wad of patches (39 to date) to fix this. I wil send these
upstream to you once I have finished porting (Im just doing texmf
now).

Alas I have no time to rewrite the build system, so I have just tacked
${DESTDIR} onto the make install stages of each subsystem.

Do you agree with this?

Also while im on the list:

pdflatex and latex binaries (and others im sure) were not built. Is
this because they depend upon the texmf tree?

--
Best Regards

Edd