[tex-live] texlive 2005 failed on CJK font finding

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 11 00:09:16 CEST 2006

    warning: gbksong42 at 720 can not be found

I surmise that the map files need to be updated to include those fonts
-- psfonts.map, pdftex.map, etc.  This means running updmap, but I don't
know the name of the CJK map file.  That is, assuming the CJK fonts are
available in Type1.  Werner?

    okay, can you tell me what things i should put into ttfonts.map? thanks.

ttfonts.map is for TrueType fonts.

By the way, the .htf files you found are (no surprise) not real fonts.
They're used by the tex4ht program to make html/xml/etc.

Best,
Karl