[tex-live] TeXLive 2005 is slower than TeXLive2003

Jinsong Zhao jszhao at mail.hzau.edu.cn
Wed Sep 6 10:32:38 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am using TeXLive 2005 now, however, I found that it more slower than
TeXLive 2003. Every program, e.g., latex, pdflatex, dvips, and so on,
is lower than the one in TeXLive 2003 distribution.

I run ``latex sample2e.tex'' from command line, the command latex in
TeXLive 2005 completed the compilation using about 6.95 second, however,
the one in TeXLive2003 using about 1.45 second.

Of course, the timer here is wall clock. I don't know how to time the
program run time under Windows.

My OS is Windows XP, and I run those program from command line (cmd).

Any suggestions will be really appreciated!

Best regards,

Jinsong