[tex-live] utopia fonts free license clarification

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Nov 22 18:25:29 CET 2006

  > ,----
  > | The TeX Users Group is also permitted to sublicense, and grant such
  > | sublicensees the right to further sublicense, any or all the foregoing
  > | rights through multiple tiers of distribution.
  > `----

  > I guess by distributing it with TeXlive, the TUG is doing this, at
  > least implicitly.

  http://tug.org/fonts/utopia/LICENSE-utopia.txt

This is the first paragraph:

  The agreement below gives the TeX Users Group (TUG) the right to
  sublicense, and grant such sublicensees the right to further sublicense,
  any or all of the rights enumerated below.  TUG hereby does so
  sublicense all such rights, irrevocably and in perpetuity, to any and
  all interested parties.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25