[tex-live] using JadeTeX with TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 17 03:26:17 CET 2006

Hi John,

    tree -  so I thought I would just copy that one dir from the full build into
    the custom build, which I did, and to my surprise it still gave the exact
    same complaint.

Did you run mktexlsr after copying the directory?

    I guess the lower-upper case distinction is significant!

I thought LaTeX checks for both.  And the filename has been lowercase
for a while, if not forever.

I'm puzzled as to why you're getting the error in the first place,
though.  Are you typesetting Cyrillic?  Perhaps it's related to some XML
thing.  Like it's trying to support everything possible in Unicode since
XML wants Unicode, regardless of what is actually needed.

     options I would need to specify to
    provide latex with its T2Acmr.fd ?

My guess is to include the "langcyrillic" collection -- do L to
customize language collections.

Best,
Karl