[tex-live] etex documentation directory

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 7 01:42:21 CET 2006

    Why is the documentation for etex in texmf-dist?

I suspect it's because there are also macro files, like etex.sty, and
putting all of them in texmf-dist meant that more of the tpm creation
could be automated.  Just a guess, I didn't do it.

    Shouldn't it be rather in texmf/doc/etex/, similar to, say,
    texmf/doc/pdftex?

I suppose, but does it matter?  Or maybe the pdftex doc should be moved
to texmf-dist.  After all, if the idea is that texmf contains only stuff
which is architecture/distribution-dependendent, neither *tex doc falls
into that category.  I dunno, am inclined to do nothing unless there's a
compelling reason to change.

Thanks,
karl