[tex-live] inclusion of libraries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 23 00:46:01 CEST 2006

    it links statically with several ICU libraries and with SIL's
    TECkit, and dynamically with the system's installed versions of
    fontconfig, freetype, imagemagick, and zlib.

Please remind me, our goal here is to build xetex on every platform we
compile TL for (except, I guess, Windows)?

If so, then I agree with Sebastian, there's no real alternative to
putting them all into the source tree.  (freetype[2] and zlib are
already there, at least, though freetype may need updating ...)  Most of
the non-GNU/Linux builders (and most non-GNU/Linux users' systems) won't
have them (I believe).

BTW, what does fontconfig do?  Never heard of it.

Thanks,