[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 23 00:42:00 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote:
> Could you give some pointer or clue to the respective error report and
> symptoms?  The problem is that I am using \lastnodetype quite a lot
> and it would be quite helpful to me to know how I can avoid failure
> with this bug short of sending the customer a dozen different versions
> until one works with the current version of MikTeX.

if i remember well it had to do with an unitialized variable resulting in a negative node number or so; it dates from before the token list (reg number >255) bugs (which was fixed)

i must admit that i don't document such bugs here and that i never used lastnodetype after that, if only because i don't want to depend on users updating the binaries (a two year delay -worse when sysadm's are not willing to update- is a reasonable assumption)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE