[tex-live] svn vs. p4

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 14 11:15:47 CEST 2006

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> For me it doesn't matter very much which tool we use.  I don't have
> any experience with p4.  It seems that some people are not completely
> convinced that it is the best solution, but I don't know the reason.
> I have the impression that people who are using svn for other projects
> like it very much.

I don't really have a say in this because i'm not a heavy user of the
repository, but at bachotek i got the impression that under the current
conditions (hardware, connections, etc) svn is not a solution that works
well in all places, esp Staszek had problems with synchronizing svn that
he didn't have before with p4. So, the question is: who are the most
important users and what are their experiences so far. I also understood
that dante is willing to continue any sponsoring of P4 that is needed,
so ...

Hans