[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Fri Jun 30 23:43:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:29:36 +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> Mass market need computers for which the user has no effort to
> provide. Tasks people need should be accessible easily, quickly,
> effortlessly in a way that seems unthinkable to (some) computer
> scientists. If I believe in something that is stable wrt humankind, it
> is that people will always chose the solution that requires the less
> effort. People on this list are certainly not of this kind.

Please.

If you want to drive, you have to get a licence and some training.
Even if driving a round is a task you need. You don't need to become a
mechaninc to learn to drive, but you need to know a minimal set of
things about the way cars work, plus all the rather complex rules
about on-the-road behaviour.

You don't let kids near acid bottles or guns, because you know they
can't handle them and could get hurt.

Computers should be no different: they are complex tools with complex
functionality that can do a lot of damage. No one should be let near
them without some minimal training.

Windows has made things worse, not better, by giving the illusion that
training is not needed.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"I'm never quite so stupid
 as when I'm being smart" --Linus van Pelt