[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 09:50:00 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote:
>> now why would people in Nigeria behave any differently
>> from people in Germany or England?
>>

> Because they don't have broadband?  Or are you talking about using the
> DVD (or CD) instead of installing?  Well, because large disks are
> _expensive_ to acquire there?

You've posited they have a computer with DVD player; I suspect they
have some disk space too. We're not talking  children in a village
here, after all - they're using Ubuntu Linux supplied by Mark Shuttleworth,
and OpenOffice.

>> look ma, I'll even tell you how:
>> http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/UbuntuDapper/Remaster
>>

> I thought the whole point of TeXLive was that not everybody was
> required to roll his own TeX distro...

yes. and because of that, you can build a Live CD
with TeX on with a pretty simpled "apt-get" command.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk