[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Richard Gabriel rgabriel at kerio.com
Thu Jun 29 07:50:30 CEST 2006

Yes, I forgot to mention that I had in mind the Windows installation.
Currently, the bin/win32 directory contains perl.exe and even bzip2.exe, gzip.exe, gunzip.exe etc. None of them are unfortunately present on a Windows machine by default. :-(
Regarding ConTeXt itself - with the current distribution (TeXLive 2005), it is possible to install TeXLive and run ConTeXt directly (because the version included still uses Perl scripts). If you add the recent ConTeXt into the next TeXLive distribution, the Windows users will have to install something additional or they will probably use ConTeXt with the old Perl scripts.
So I'd suggest to include the Ruby interpreter for Windows into the TeXLive distribution if possible (I don't know how about the licensing issues etc.).

-Richard

  _____