[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 19:15:26 CEST 2006

sebastian wrote:

> Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> > Also the activity on sourceforge seems quite high:
> > http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=10783&ugn=miktex
> >
> > Don't know if we can rely on it. 2000 downloads per day seems very
> > high.
>
> interesting. that seems incredibly high.

i had a peak of web traffic on the cambridge ctan a few months back.
turned out it was the same machine downloading miktex repeatedly:
amounting to nearly 40gbytes of stuff.  miktex on cambridge ctan is
somewhat over 400 mbytes: a determined person, whoever it was.

my point being, that you can't necessarily count on sanity from the
raw statistics.  (and thinking about it, 2000/day from one site is a
heck of a lot of bandwidth ... even allowing that sourceforge is a big
site.)

robin