[tex-live] OT: Why use Windows [was: Re: Perl for Windows]

Zdenek Wagner wagner at cesnet.cz
Wed Jun 21 17:01:08 CEST 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Juergen Fenn wrote:
> > The main problem is not Windows, but the omnipresent MS
> > Office on Windows systems. But this is really OT, except for that it
> > shows how important a Windows version of TL really is.
> >
> Curious view, to my mind. If you use Office, why
> do you also want TeX? don't people use TeX
> because they cannot bear Office?

I am typesetting books and the authors give me manuscripts in MS Word. And
sometimes I have to prepare text for some organization (e.g. some
conference) and they strictly require MS Word. Now I will have to cope
somehow with a mathematical text, it must be in MS Word and I have it
currently in LaTeX...