[tex-live] What do to with cm-super

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jun 17 14:43:32 CEST 2006

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> Unfortunately they are not compatible even for identical design size. I
> have reencoded lmr10.pfb and sfrm1000.pfb with appropriate encoding
> vectors to T1 encoding (lm-ec.enc and cm-super-t1.enc) and used
> Reinhard's t1diff to compare the results. If anybody is interested, I
> can make the resulting PDF file available. In addition I have also build
> a LaTeX file that shows /some/ of the differences (process with
> pdflatex):
[...]

I ahve redone these tests with v1.00. There are no changes with respect
to \"{i}, \k{i}, and \k{o}. The section mark in v1.00 is slightly
narrower (and lighter!) than in v0.99.3. It is still wider than in
CM/EC, though. Section mark and following figure no longer overlap, but
they are still uncomfortably close.

cheerio
ralf