[tex-live] texk/web2c patches for xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 16 21:25:03 CEST 2006

On 16 Jun 2006, at 6:52 pm, Karl Berry wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
>     people the chance to see the proposed patches; see the attached
> diffs
>
> No real issues, but I wonder if the xetex-only functions (u_open_in
> and
> so on) would be better in a separate file, instead of glomming them
> into
> texmfmp.c.

Sure, that's reasonable. I've just moved a bunch of stuff over to one
of the xetex-only files, so the diffs on texmfmp.c will be cut down a
bunch.

(Most of this goes back quite a while; it got written wherever it was
convenient at the time, in terms of access to the right headers,
etc., and hasn't been touched since. But it's no real problem to move
some functions around, and it'll keep them out of the way.)

> Also, not to be trivial, but would you mind formatting the code in the
> shared files with two spaces instead of tabs?  Personally, I also find
> "FILE *f" preferable to "FILE* f", but anyway ...

Fine; I'll tidy up a bit and come up with a fresh set of diffs in a
while.

JK