[tex-live] Proposal for collection reorganization

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jun 12 22:42:04 CEST 2006

Hi Norbert, hi all,

just some minor comments:

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

>> ad 2) collection-chemistry/-science
>
> My first list was taken without too much objections, so here is another
> proposal for collection-science which incorporates all this
>
> collection-chemistry plus the following stuff from collection-latexextra
>   SIunits -- International System of Units.
>   begriff -- Typeset Begriffschrift.
>   biocon -- Typesetting biological species names
>   bitfield -- Draw bit field data structure diagrams.
>   bytefield -- Create illustrations for network protocol specifications.
>   clrscode -- Typesets pseudocode as in Introduction to Algorithms.
>   complexity -- Computational complexity class names
>   computational-complexity -- The computational-complexity package.
>   ednotes -- Typeset scholarly edition.
>   formula -- Typesetting physical units.
>   functan -- macros for functional analysis and PDE theory
>   hepparticles -- Macros for typesetting high energy physics particle names.
>   hepunits -- A set of units useful in high energy physics applications.
>   karnaugh -- Typeset Karnaugh-Veitch-maps.
>   metre -- Support for the work of classicists

That one does not fit the natural/computer science them.

>   mhs -- Historical mathematics.
>   miller -- Typeset miller indices.
>   nassflow -- Drawing Nassi-Schneidermann diagrams and flowcharts.
>   newalg -- Format algorithms like Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest.
>   objectz -- Macros for typesetting Object Z.
>   rst -- Drawing rhetorical structure analysis diagrams in LaTeX
>   struktex -- Draw Nassi-Schneidermann charts
>   t-angles -- Draw tangles, trees, Hopf algebra operations and other
>    pictures.
>   textopo -- Annotated membrane protein topology plots.
>   youngtab -- Typeset Young-Tableaux.

A few more:

  SIstyle -- The SIstyle package.
  alg -- LaTeX environments for typesetting algorithms.
  algorithm2e -- Floating algorithm environment with algorithmic keywords.
  algorithmicx -- The algorithmic style you always wanted!
  algorithms -- Floating algorithm environment.
  pseudocode -- A LaTeX enviromnet for specifying algorithms in a natural
   way.
  scientificpaper -- Format a scientific paper for journal publication.
  sciposter -- Make posters of ISO A3 size and larger.

Looking through latexextra I also found a candidate for the games
collection:
  skaknew -- Full chess fonts; the MetaFont skak fonts redone in Postscript

>> 3) collection-pdfetex
[...]
>   pdfcprot -- Activating and setting of character protruding using pdflatex.
>         latexextra

Does not depend on LaTeX => genericextra or genericrecommended

>   pdftricks -- Support for pstricks  in pdftex.
>         latexextra or pstricks (in the later case note that pstricks does
>         not depend on latex)

IMO pstricks makes more sense.

cheerio
ralf