[tex-live] Proposal for collection reorganization

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 6 23:37:35 CEST 2006

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) writes:

> Having a version of the macros for latex that is actually forked and
> maintained independently (by who?) seems like a poor outcome to me,
> which is more likely to cause problems than anything else.

ACK. I have not expected how difficult it seems to be within TL to
associate some files with a different TPM ...

> P.S. If the package to be able to use mps in latex happened to be a
> standalone program that took a few mb, no one would complain and the
> question would not arise.  So just pretend context is that program.
> See?  No problem :).

:-) The problem is more that many people it is not clear that they need
(parts of) ConTeXt for this MPS to PDF conversion. However, the new
pdftex.def should make things better.

cheerio
ralf