[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sat Jun 3 22:32:56 CEST 2006

This seems to get Debian-specific, doesn't it?  Let's move.

Florent Rougon <f.rougon at free.fr> wrote:

> David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> So the Xaw port is flawed.  That does not mean that the problem is
>> intrinsic to Xaw.
>
> Maybe. But I've encountered the very same problem with other
> applications before; one of them was gv, IIRC, which uses Xaw3d. True,
> Xaw3d is not Xaw, but the "feature" may well be a common one between
> both libraries.

Stefan Ullrich once said that he didn't recommend lesstiff because of
the problems.  But looking at LESSTIF-BUGS it seems to me as if lesstiff
should work well unless one is using expert mode.  So giving the user
the choice might be a good idea.  We could try to provide a binary
linked to lesstiff, both managed with update-alternatives.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)