[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 11:45:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 09:45 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:

> There is no such thing as a Debian .dpkg file.

Um, yes - I was remembering using the program dpkg (I haven't run a
Debian system since Slinky)

> Similarly, TeXLive just copies the files from CTAN into its tree, and
> only adds some things (like infrastructure, build instructions etc.).
> There are no changes made, and that is the important thing.

Agreed.
It would be nice though if it generated .dvi documentation (like teTeX
did), as the pdf documentation contributes to the packaging space issues
on distributions like Fedora. Maybe that should be filed as an RFE by
distributions it affects (I'm not personally too concerned about it).

I personally like dvi documentation better anyway, it loads faster from
texdoc on my elderly laptop.