[tex-live] dvips cannot find figures (again)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 31 22:17:53 CET 2006

Hi John,

    dvips: Refusing to read figure file /usr/john/elephant.eps on
    security grounds - use option -R0 to override; continuing

There is no question that dvips diagnostics could be improved in many
instances, including this one.  Patches would be welcome :).

    I know that this is a dvips matter I should raise with the author,

Indeed, I don't think Tom is on this list; he's on tex-k, though.  It's
also the case that I and others have made most of the (exceedingly few)
changes in recent years to dvips, although Tom still answers mail
occasionally about it.

Best,
Karl