[tex-live] here.sty missing from TeXLive 2005

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 26 18:15:49 CET 2006

    It is also no longer in CTAN - which is the immediate
    reason for why I suppose it is no longer in TeXLive.

Right.

I too was distressed that backward compatibility was broken in such a
major way, but I guess that was David's decision.

    For the minute, I'll just carry here.sty across into texmf-local.

Sensible, until the day it stops working for whatever reason, I guess.

Maybe a wrapper here.sty that just inputs float, if it's new enough,
could be constructed somehow?  I don't know.

Best,