[tex-live] Directory structure

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 18 20:10:18 CET 2006

Hi Zdenek,

    Currently manual.*, README and copying reside in
    doc/fonts/devanagr but they document not only fonts but also macros

My impression is that it is better for users if documentation for a
package is in one place, where feasible.  Whether it is
doc/fonts/devanagr or doc/generic/devanagr or whatever does not matter
as much as the doc for the package being together.  Including samples
and README's.  Feel free to make a subdir for samples, e.g.,

In terms of distribution, the easiest way to incorporate big packages
like this into TL is if they are on CTAN in exactly the final
directories, so all I have to do is copy them.  See, for instance, the
Lucida package I uploaded recently.  (Perhaps devanagr is already like
this, I don't remember.)

Sound reasonable?