[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: [OS X TeX] DVIPS config file]

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Jan 17 13:38:14 CET 2006

>Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl>

> One of my users needs ${HOME}/.dvipsrc to work but he isn't able to when
> using the dvips in TL 2005. Does anybody know what is going on?

Configuration directory was restricted to $TEXMF/dvips// some day.

In order to use ~/.dvipsrc, search for the following lines in texmf.cnf:

% Dvips' config.* files (this name should not start with `TEX'!).
TEXCONFIG = $TEXMF/dvips//

and change them into

% Dvips' config.* files (this name should not start with `TEX'!).
DVIPSRC = .dvipsrc
TEXCONFIG = $TEXMF/dvips//;$HOME

Best
Akira