[tex-live] config files read-only on Windows

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Feb 28 22:21:14 CET 2006

    Although I like to have original config files somehow
    proteted, must agree, that texmf-var should be editable.

I agree, of course.  And, it would be very nice if there was a simple
check box during the installation to allow the user to switch between
letter and a4 paper.  It is undesirable for users to have to figure out
all the config files to edit to do this -- there are a bunch.  (And it
has to happen before any .fmt's are made, too.)

Thanks,