[tex-live] kpathsea and gsftopk problem

Ruben Prins ruben_prins at planet.nl
Fri Feb 3 22:19:24 CET 2006

I never could get used to pdfopen/pdfclose (although I'll give the --back
variant a try). PDF does look far better than DVI. But the
debug/tex/proofread-cycle just doesn't really fit. Adobe's reader is just
sooo bulky.

GhostScript had serious text rendering issues which strangely enough Windvi
never had, even though it uses GhostScript to prerender the fonts--go
figure. But it looks like 8.5x has gotten a lot better, so I've got a way
out.

It must be a regression somewhere, as fpTeX 0.7 didn't have this bug.

Anyway, I'd be grateful to anyone willing to take a look at it.

Ruben