[tex-live] test Images by ftp

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 24 22:23:03 CET 2006

Hello Artemio,

    Initializing collections... install-tl.sh: line 1:
    P_@=collection_texinfo: command not found

Now I see it.  Turns out it comes from line 100, for some reason.  Sorry
to suspect the download.

Although I got rid of this error, just for everyone's info, the real
problem is, depressingly enough, that there are more collections than
characters in shell identifiers [a-zA-Z0-9_].  So right now the last
couple collections cannot be individually selected.

Short of rewriting the entire install mechanism, which is obviously not
going to happen now, the only other workaround I can think of is to set
up another "subseries" of collections, similar to the "lang" collections
now.  The documentation collections are the obvious choice.  I don't
know if I will get to it.

Thanks,
karl