[tex-live] oddities with the bbold fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 20 20:36:41 CET 2006

Hi Ralf,

    Only tetex contains the needed font sources for the sauter extension of
    bbold fonts in TEXMF/fonts/sources/jknappen/sauter.

I seem to remember some issue about the Sauter files conflicting with
some blackboard bold files?  Or something?  Or maybe I just said yes, I
should put the Sauter files into TL and haven't gotten back to that
message yet?  Can you check the tex-live archives?

    case for the encoding part in fd-files is optional.

LaTeX probably checks for whatever case is actually given first, then
\lowercase's?  Or something like that?  I don't really have a clue.  I
imagine one or the other must fail on case-insensitive filesystems.
Can we easily fix one or the other?

Thanks,
Karl