[tex-live] binaries for i386-linux

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Dec 11 03:16:37 CET 2006

  > Dear all, as you know, I've compiled i386-linux binaries for TL
  > for some years only because they worked well on many linuces
  > (enough old).  Now I cannot build because I cannot find needed
  > libraries (esp. for xetex). So it is perhaps time to switch to
  > somehow more modern (but not so much modern) distribution having
  > libfontconfig, etc.  Could anybody help? Please have in mind that
  > for, e.g., xdvi we need xaw toolkit switched on (see
  > Build/source/Build for more info).

Hi Staszek, I'm very grateful that you provided binaries last year
which work on my old machine.  It would be great if you can provide
binaries for old machines this year too.  Run ./Build --without-xetex
on your old machine and xetex can be compiled on a newer machine.  On
old machines xetex will not run anyway, but all the other programs
will.

Cheers,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25