[tex-live] Number of binaries, and another build error

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 10 21:48:51 CET 2006

On 10 Dec 2006, at 8:27 pm, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> How many binaries should finally end up in .../inst/$arch/bin? I
> did get
> 126 binaries:

Your list looks far from complete; I get 273 binaries on Linux/i386.

> Do I have all the binaries
> now installed, or did the install process terminate too early to
> get all
> binaries installed?

You definitely didn't get them all installed (assuming they were
built successfully).

> (PS Why did this happen: I have a chroot environment with minimal
> packages
> installed, ie no TeX system, no nothing at all, only the necessary
> devel packages)

I believe you need a working texinfo installed. (You just built one
as part of TL, but the "install" process that's part of the build
doesn't know how to use it.)

You might also need an existing TeX installation on the build
machine; I'm not sure of that at the moment.

HTH,

JK