[tex-live] compile error: xdvipdfmx cff_open no member named `loc'

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 10 18:18:43 CET 2006

On 10 Dec 2006, at 4:06 pm, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Son, 10 Dez 2006, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
>> you need to install fontconfig headers, AND restart the build from
>> scratch, including re-configure
>

> Ahh, thanks, I thought a make world would be enough ...

Sorry, it's not; xdvipdfmx gets configured differently depending on
the availability of fontconfig headers. (And without fontconfig, it
won't actually build successfully [except on Mac OS X]).

I should make the configure phase halt with an error in this case,
rather than proceed to configure something that won't build! Some
day, when time permits....

JK