[tex-live] Tex-Live 2005 DVD: Permission Denied

Sebastian Canagaratna s-canagaratna at onu.edu
Sat Apr 8 10:30:49 CEST 2006

I am trying to run texlive from the dvd. I select d, then return to main
menun type r and everything goes OK. Then I set the PATH and
TEXMFSYSVAR, and try tex --version, and I get:permission denied. I am
unable to see anything about this in the archives. I get this problem
both at home and at my office machine. When I do echo $PATH, or
$TEXMFSYSVAR, I see that these variables have been set properly.

I already have tetex on my machine from Debian (unstable). Is this the
problem? I'd appreciate any suggestions to get more information about
this problem.

Thanks.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of CHemistry