[tex-live] license info in tpm file

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Sep 26 15:35:54 CEST 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> Furthermore, since teTeX comes in one big tarball, I want a way to
> indicate which file exactly belongs to which package under a given
> license (e.g. think of the many files by different authors in
> tex/generic/pstricks/, or font packages distributing files in fonts/,
> tex/latex, and maybe elsewhere).  Maybe this is easier starting from the
> tpm files.

This is what I want to do: As the tpm files are installed and it
hopefully will soon contain the license information from the catalogue,
everybody can look up which file belongs to which license.

For texlive with more than 1000 different packages it would be
impossible to do this by hand.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
DEEPING ST NICHOLAS (n.)
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
What street-wise kids do at Christmas. They hide on the rooftops
waiting for Santa Claus so that if he arrives and goes down the
chimney, they can rip stuff off from his sleigh.