[tex-live] license info in tpm file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 26 01:27:19 CEST 2005

            TPM:License

This should be done in the Catalogue, not in the TL-specific capital
letters.  It already is, thanks to RobinF and others, for many packages.
We could then autoimport the info into the tpm's if we need it there
(not sure we do).

    I have already collected the licenses of all packages starting with a*
    and those with capital initial letter, now I have to go to bed ;-)

If you can send a patch to the Catalogue folks, I hope they will accept
it.  You can get the current Catalogue sources from the texcatalogue
project at sarovar.org.

Thanks,

P.S. Regarding lambda language.dat, I think it is highly desirable to
have some file there, even if it's only English, so that people will
know what the file is they are supposed to modify.  It's asking a lot
for someone to come up with it ab inito.  I couldn't do it myself
without a lot of effort.