[tex-live] Re: antomega [was: Multilingual LaTeX: Greek, English, and UTF-8]

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Sep 16 09:17:13 CEST 2005

Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

>Just some terse notes from the poor packager's point of view
>why not doc/lambda/antomega/ (?)
if it's standalone            : /doc/antomega
if it's on top of lambda : /doc/omega/antomega

compare: doc/bibtex doc/bibtex8 and doc/latex doc/latex3

>omega/hyphen/ -> tex/lambda/antomega/hyphen/
>(or tex/generic/antomega/hyphen in the case that it will work with
>e.g. aleph, or context, as Hans stated?)

if the search paths are set as:

texinputs.lambda     => .....tex/{...,lambda,antomega,...}
texinputs.antomega => .....tex/{...,antomega,lambda,...}

they can share files (even with similar names) but no clashes

>omega/lambda/antomega/ -> tex/lambda/antomega (?)
>even if all the above is moved to tex/lambda/, it means that everybody
>can agree that lambda without antomega is unusable, so only in such
>case you can put your files and mix them with lambda. I wrote about that...
that's indeed the question that needs an answer

made difficult by the fact that all omega's are different, omega is
obsolete, aleph is present, etc etc

think of this: aleph is omega with etex, so if antomega would share code
with other packages that depend on etex ... again an argument against
using the engine name here

texmf/tex/antomega/encodings (or: texmf/fonts/enc/antomega)

why an engine path? ocp's are so related to input and basically tex file
that i'd put them in

tex/antomega/ocp (no reason for subdivision)

they are just tex input files

>Not consequent with the above! Should be rather omega/ocp/antomega/uni2char ?
>The same as above (not consequent).
>The same as above (not consequent).
>Rather source/lambda/antomega/ I think.
>As you can imagine, your layout breaks any packaging concept (clear
>distinction from omega/lambda). I know that's easier to add any file
>to the local tree, but sorry, we cannot get that way for distributions
>(we have some hundreds of packages).
needs a fix indeed -)

btw, i lost track of what role lambda plays in this, or actually, i lost track of what role omega playe here as well -)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE