[tex-live] Re: antomega [was: Multilingual LaTeX: Greek, English, and UTF-8]

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 15 23:42:22 CEST 2005

Karl Berry wrote:

>     (e. g. hyphenation patterns).
>
>Ah.  Didn't we also already agree that we'd create, um,
>texmf/tex/omega/base or some such (what was it?) for the omega
>hyphenation patterns?

base is for macro packages, isn't it? maybe

texmf/tex/omega/patterns

in the case of specific patterns for context + omega, i'd put them in

texmf/tex/context/patterns (/omega)

unless those omega patterns are really generic (never seen them)

anyhow, as long as anthomega is able to locate them anything is ok

>You say "e.g." which implies there are other files involved.  What are they?

maybe specific otp related thingies?

>I have no objection to changing the TDS, once we figure out what it
>should be changed to.  We can't figure it out without understanding the
>specifics: actual files that are in directory xxx now, that need to be
>in directory yyy, and why.

indeed, actually, if antomega is something very special, why not consider it a macro package in itself (if it borrows from oter packages, fine, but that not uncommon i think)

texmf/tex/antomega/base (and if needed: texmf/tex/antomega/patterns)

things; sounds best to me since then the author is free/responsible for what comes under it; antomega as subpath can never conflict with future omega then also add a progname 'antomega' entry in the cnf file so that it comes with its own input path:

texinputs.antomega=.....

the more i think of it ... it's not an engine issue, more a macro package issue; it actually has nothing to do with engines (esp because it probbably also works ok with aleph which is another engine -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE