[tex-live] Re: Things to be fixed in TeX live or upstream

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Mon Sep 12 09:39:41 CEST 2005

On 02.08.05 Norbert Preining (preining at logic.at) wrote:

Hi all,

> binary-without-manpage:
> -----------------------
> 	lintian moans about missing man pages. If someone knows about
> 	the existence of man pages for these tools, please contact me.
> 	Maybe I take a look into tetex for debian.

But AFAICT there is nothing useful.

> manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry:
> -----------------------------
> 	from lintian:
> N:   Each manual page should start with a `NAME' section, which lists the
> N:   name and a brief description of the page seperated by '\-'. These
> N:   sections are parsed by `mandb' and stored in a database for the use of
> N:   `apropos' and `whatis', so they must be in a certain format. This
> N:   manual page apparently uses the wrong format and cannot be parsed by
> N:   `mandb'.
> man/man1/vlna.1.gz

Should be rather easy to fix. Maybe contact the author.

> extra-license-file:
> 	This is something I have to discuss with DDs what to do, forget
> 	it for the moment.

Yes. Consolidate all these into one license file and figure out if
some licenses are bad. One bug in bin and on in base present.

H.
--
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
		-- Darrin Weinberg