[tex-live] compilation problems

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 11 02:26:15 CEST 2005

Hi,
I just downloaded the latest TL using rsync, not p4.  Are they the
same?

configure complains that the texmf tree is not found.  In the Build
script the environment variable $TEXMFMAIN is set properly, but it is
checked only in the toplevel configure script.  The configure scripts
in the subdirs do not test for $TEXMFMAIN and set $texmfmain to the
value of the --datadir option, which causes an error message.

If no program makes use of this variable, I think that I can ignore
the message.  The programs obviously compile properly.

But there is another problem:
updmap: Scanning for LW35 support files
updmap: using map file `/ext/TL-src/Master/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/dvips35.map'
updmap: using map file `/ext/TL-src/Master/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/pdftex35.map'
updmap: using map file `/ext/TL-src/Master/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/dvipdfm35.map'
updmap: using map file `/ext/TL-src/Master/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/ps2pk35.map'

updmap: Scanning for MixedMap entries:

!!! ERROR! The map file `allrunes.map' has not been found at all.

    Either put this file into the right place or remove the
    reference from the configuration file. An automatic way
    to disable unavailable map files is to call
      updmap --syncwithtrees

    For manual editing, call
      updmap --edit

make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ext/TL-src/Build/source.development/Work/TeX'
cd /ext/TL-src/Build/source.development/inst/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu; strip * >/dev/null 2>&1 || true

allrunes.map is in texmf-dist, not in texmf.  But texmf-dist is
unknown at compile time.

Is the stuff I downloaded in sync with p4?

If not, can you tell me how to download it with p4?  Maybe this is
better anyway.  I have a p4 client installed already.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25