[tex-live] preliminary test image for TeX Live 2005

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Sep 9 17:54:00 CEST 2005

Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> "TH" == Taco Hoekwater writes:
>  KB> What has been updated: - the binaries for i386-linux,
>  KB> x86_64-linux, powerpc-darwin, i386-darwin.
>  >> there are differences in darwin and linux builds: darwin builds
>  >> have no "pdfopen" and "pdfclose"
>  TH> These two depend on X11.
> so what? darwin builds include xdvi - so they have been built with X11
> support, right?

The pdfopen/pdfclose commands need a version of the Reader that is
under direct control of the X11 window manager. Only if that is
true does it makes sense to build the executables  (and even then
i do not dare promise that it will work).

I may be mistaken completely, but I got the impression that
Adobe Reader on the Mac was a native aqua (non-X11) application.

Cheers, Taco