[tex-live] preliminary test image for TeX Live 2005

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Fri Sep 9 06:31:06 CEST 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

> There are test images available for TeX Live 2005 at:
>   http://tug.org/texlive/Images/test/
>    ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test/

Thanks for doing that. Some notes:
- building "inst" image has crashed on my machine (live.iso is OK).
- it seems that some .tpm files weren't properly updated (and, in
  consequence, list files):
  a) bin-pdftex.tpm contains 2 new items in <TPM:BinPatterns> (altpdfaleph
     and simpdftex) not propagated to specific platforms
  b) plnfss.tpm: DocFiles lists some missing files
  c) tex4ht.tpm:
  texmf-dist/tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/cjk/gbksong/#gbksong25.htf# (??)
  (we have also a subdirectory long/ with gbksong.htf, so perhaps
   files names are somehow redundant for tpm build process, or too deep
   directory nesting?).
Well, when I run separate cleaning of the above a) b) c), things were
cured (change #8008 submited).

-- install-tl.sh: VARTEXMF is now TEXMFSYSVAR, anyway VARTEXMF still works
   for that script (backward compatibility ??)

-- lambda generating failed: !Omega capacity exceeded
   (seems that main memory size is too small for lambda)

Ps. Karl, thanks for cleaning all .ini files after that long discussion
concerning dvi 'hacks'. I think that we're both beaten :) on the way
to the proper and satisfying most users direction ;-)

Best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl