[tex-live] Re: Please drop the DVI-with-pdfTeX hack!

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Sep 7 10:27:42 CEST 2005

"George N. White III" <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

> The principle of one surprise at a time says let users get comfortable
> with seeing pdfetex in logs of jobs that create .dvi files, then
> spring the primitives on them in the next release.

Which would be the 2005 release.

It seems that arguments are mostly exchanged, there's nothing new to be
said.  I just wanted to let you know that Markus Kohm has encouraged me
to bring this up again this week - he's on vacation now -, and to urge
you to do the switch now.

It's up to you to decide; but you should decide.  Not making a decision
because "it's better to do the real work" is bad, since you'll get the
same questions over and over again.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich