[mp-implementors] Re: [tex-live] mpost segfault

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Oct 30 16:33:49 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Thomas Esser wrote:
>
>> Hi Taco,
>>

>> I have not heard anything else until then, so I have assumed that
>> --progname=mpost is what "context" does. If you are right, this has been
>> changed without telling me (so I could not adjust fmtutil).
>

> Oh ok. I noticed that texexec doesn't use --progname=mpost, and
> simply assumed that that was how it has always been.
>
>> So, should the metafun format use -progname=mpost?
>

> That question is definately one for Hans (who is incommunicado
> for a few days).

let's for the moment assume that it uses progname=mpost (best not mess
around with in around tex live launch time)

so, basically, the problem with mptopdf was in the mixed up switch

btw, i think that future versions of tex/mp should freeze all mem values
at format time (currently only some values are frozen); maybe with the
exception of the mem top/bot values

Hans